Are You Eatin, Sleepin, Dreamin with that One Thing On Your Mind??

"Success is my only mutha F**kin Option...Failures NOT!"

Sunday, September 24, 2006

My Big Trip...Part 2...

Sept 5th: I flew into Richmond VA , then drove to Maryland to stay with my awesome BFL Friends Kathy & Scott. What a beautiful drive! I couldnt believ how green everything was and the FORESTS are EVERYWHERE!! OMG-TREES!! We dont have very many trees in Phoenix and YES...I get excited by the lil' things (as you can tell!)

Being the dork that I am, on the drive..I got SOOOOO excited by seeing the Pentagon & the Washington Monument that I almost crashed the rental car!! I have never been very good w/Geography so I had NO IDEA I was going to drive thru DC, until I came around a corner and BAMMMM!! There it was!! I called my brother-talkin 100 mph..tellin him how beautiful it was. (Yeah...he thought I was crazy too)

When I got to Kathy & Scotts, they showed me around their GORGEOUS house. (It looks like something straight out of a Interior Decroating Magazine!) and we stayed up till after midnite just talkin & catchin up. Good times!

The next morning-up bright & early (especially considering the time change), did 30+ minutes on the Dreadmill, then off to Baltimore with Kathy as my Tour Guide.

Baltimore: We hung out at the Baltimore Harbor, did a lil souvernoir shopping, took the Ferry ride across the Harbor and just really enjoyed having "GIRL TIME". We found a cute lil restaraunt right on the water and I had my first taste of Maryland Crab soup and Cream of Crab Soup-OMG....DELICIOUS!! Driving back-we went right past CAMDEN YARD. Its a ballpark I have ALWAYS wanted to go to. (Well...ever since I was dating Geronimo and he got traded to the Orioles!) I would love to go back and watch a game there someday.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Later that afternoon, Kathy drove me out to Pennsylvania ...so I could SEE THE AMISH!! Wow-what a trip!! Like I said in my earlier post-we dont have Amish folks out here in my neck of the woods. It completely FASCINATED me!! I was all excited-I know Kathy was really thinkin I was crazy at this point! It just blows my mind that people still LIVE and function like that in 2006. Its AMAZING. I was lucky enough to get ONE pic of a horse & Buggy (I think thats what they call um). It was ON THE HIGHWAY!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dang...I never thought I would say this-but Ive lead a sheltered life growing up in the fast pace of CALI!! The things I have never seen before!!

We ended the day with a DELECTABLE CRAB FEAST of steamed Maryland Crabs. Double OMG!! I have NEVER tasted crab like that EVERRRRRR! We just covered the entire table in newspaper, busted up crabs and ate until we were stuffed. It was sooo frickin delicious. Just all the crab you could ever want and some iced tea-MMmmm-MMMMMM!! Oh yeah...and to make it even BETTER-a good friend of Kathy & Scotts (Jim) joined us for dinner. Hes pretty dang HOT!!! He was really sweet, we all had alot of fun, stayed up till after midnite talkin. Doesnt get much better than that!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Wolfie said…

    Um..ok, WHAT in the WORLD where you doing going 100mph through the D.C. area? Did I read that right? You must not have been completely there yet, or you wouldn't be able to go that fast! lol. Looks like you had a great time!

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Christie said…

    Awww, you look beautiful girl, and so happy...I am so proud of you and all your hard work. I am really glad that you had such a great time...are you ready for another road trip??? Get your butt to Cali (sacto to be exact) on November 4th...Tracy is doing her first comp there, and I am going...it would be AWESOME if you could go too...hugs
    Christie

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said…

    Love the pictures! I bet your biceps ARE bigger than that guys!!!!!!!
    I, too, felt the same way about the Pentagon. My fav city is DC and I can't wait to take my son there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home