Are You Eatin, Sleepin, Dreamin with that One Thing On Your Mind??

"Success is my only mutha F**kin Option...Failures NOT!"

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I'm Back!! Day-by-Day Recaps to Follow...

I have SOOOOO much to write about/journal so Im thinkin Ill do a day-by-day "journal" so I can actually remember how FABULOUS my last week & 1/2 have been!! I have taken alot of vacations, but this one BY FAR blows everything else outta the water! (I hate to admit this...but even the BFL Cruise cant touch it-and thats saying ALOT!!)

I know..yall think its cuz I got to spend a whole day/evening at the one and only ELLIOTT's house/ranch...but thats not it. This trip was so DIVERSE. I hit one end of the culture spectrum to the other, all in just a few days time.

Quick summary:
Thursday August 31st-Drove to L.A. Got to meet TONY STEWART (hes HOTT) & met a fabulous family that was there on their sons "Make a wish" Wish trip.
Friday Sept. 1st-Spent the whole day (14+ hours) at Disneyland, just hanging out by myself, taking pics, running from ride-to-ride and having a BLAST!!
Saturday Sept 2nd-Some sightseeing in the LA Area, then headed home
Tuesday Sept 5th-Flew into Richmond VA, drove up to Maryland to stay with Kathy & Scott (my great friends I met on the BFL Cruise!). We sat up until Midnite talkin/catchin up & laughing.
Wednesday Sept 6th-Kathy took me into Baltimore. We spent the morning/early afternoon at Baltimore Harbor, (lots to write about later), then ...she took me into Pennsylvania & I SEEN AMISH PEOPLE!! (Ok..Im from Cali-we dont have Amish in our "neck of the woods".) Topped the night off with a CRAB FEAST of steamed Maryland Crabs, and met a HOTTIE (a good friend of Kathy & Scotts) to boot! Dont git much better than that!
Thursday Sept 7th-Shirley flew in to meet up with me and then it was time for Elliotts BBQ!! I need LOTS of time to write about this!! Lets just say-UNBELIEVABLE!! (And NOOOOOOOO I didnt git any "hook-up" ---I know that what yall are wondering!!)
Friday Sept 8th-14 hours at the Track, Baby!! Unforgettable day at the races. Pit passes, TV Tapings, hot boys all around!
Saturday Sept 9th-RACE DAY!!!
Sunday Sept. 10th-Drove into Washington DC, went to/seen the White House, Washington Monument, Pentagon, Quantico FBI Academy (Shirleys Dad graduated from there-too cool), and spent a couple hours at Arlington Cemetary. Arlington was such an emotional experience to me-I will NEVER Forget the feeling that came over me while witnessing the Changing of the Guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. God Bless our Troops!! The impact of the whole DC Experience was intensified by it being the day before 9-11....

OK....so my "quick review" wasnt very quick! So...you can probably only imagine how much I really have to write about!! Oh yeah..then theres the 383 Pictures I took! By the way Dede...only about 297 of them are of Elliott!!! hahahahahahaha!!!!

8 Comments:

  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Janel said…

    YAAAAAAY you're back!!!!! SOund lik e you had funa dn I can't wait for the details!!

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back Dana, you have been missed! Thanks for the email, I can only imagine how moving that must have been!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Welcome Back! I missed you!!!!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Welcome Back! I missed you!!!!

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Only 297 of Elliott?? Wow, I would've figured you'd taken 500 of him :)

    Your trip sounds awesome!! Welcome back. I will call you so we can catch up! Whew.....can't wait to hear all the details. Thanks for the photos. Sounds like you were around some awesome folks. And there's nothing like Southern Hospitality!

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Karla said…

    Sounds like you had a great time! Glad you're back. Can't wait to see the pics. Of course, by the time you take out all of the Elliott one's, there won't be many left. :)

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger jen said…

    glad you're home girl! I sure missed ya!! :) call me when ya get the chance and settle in...I know you prolly got lots of unpackin' and laundry to do!! hehe

    can't wait to see some of those pics ya took!! bet staying with kat and scott was a blast!! can't wait to see you all in oct! I wanna have some fun too!!

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Welcome Back! I missed you! So I hear I get to see you again tomorrow? And meet Janel! I cannot wait!!! XO

     

Post a Comment

<< Home