Are You Eatin, Sleepin, Dreamin with that One Thing On Your Mind??

"Success is my only mutha F**kin Option...Failures NOT!"

Thursday, August 24, 2006


Monsoon Season-YIKES!!

Its one of those RARE mornings here in the Valley of the Sun. No Sunshine, just house-rattling Thunder, clouds and now its raining so hard I literally can't see the building next door.
Yep...it's MONSOON TIME!

No one ever told me about monsoons BEFORE I moved to AZ. If they had-I might have thought twice about living here becuz I HATE storms, thunder & lightening (unless I am very far away from it).
Growing up in the North Bay, we might get one or two thunderstorms a year but nuthin like this. This is CRAZY!! Last year (my 1st Monsoon Season) I freaked out--I was SO unprepared! Every single day around 5pm or so (always seemed to happen around rush hour) an alert (yall know the Emergency Broadcast System alerts?) would come across the TV and advise everyone to stay inside because of the Monsoons & alert us to where the flash floods were. Flash floods in the desert..sumthin I never thought Id hafta worry about! Hell..just the sound of that stupid Alert System going off and it NOT being a "test" makes my heart beat faster & gets me nervous.

This year has been unbelievably tame, at least here in my area. Last year our complex lost over 25 Huge trees in less than 3 months from the winds, & storms. It seemed like everytime I took Rocky out for a walk-there was another tree that had been ripped from the soil. One storm last year even ripped the carport cover (Metal pole and all) RIGHT OUT OF THE CEMENT! (And crushed 4 of my neighbors cars in the process) Scary stuff!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said…

    I didn't know that about Arizona either. WOW! Freaky stuff. Hope you guys have another calm upcoming season.

    Love the pictures. Blake is such a handsome young man. And I love the doggies. So cute!

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wish I were there, I love storms. They are one of the things I miss the most about living in the midwest! (I know I am a nerd!)

    Hope you are doing well!
    ~LisaMichele

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Janel said…

    I swear AZ is the only place it can be lightning and storming, blowing like crazy with dust and rain.....and still be freaking 90 degrees out!!!! At least its something to break up the monotony of the cloudless sky and hot, still air, right???? LOL

    CUTE pics, I loved seeing them!!!!

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Yeah, it was bad up here in the mountains too. (for those of you who don't know- there are mountains in AZ, complete with pine trees and snow- many people are surprised by that- I live about 2 hours north of Dana and Janel) So yeah, it was storming all day big thunder, impressive lightening, and I'm feeding the girls lunch. Well, my 15 month old insists on using a big girl fork, and she was trying to stab a piece of apple while sitting on my lap cuz she was scared. HUGE thunder! She jumps out of her skin and whips around to grab me while stabbing me in the neck! It still hurts.

    Careful of those flash floods girls.
    Kristin

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey girl..yeah, I miss those storms and seeing folks driving like idiots in that weather!! Hope you survived your day. I'm back home...the race is TONIGHT!! I will call ya later. Love you girl!! Hugs-Dede

     

Post a Comment

<< Home